Bespoke packaging: The making of
The development of a packaging product goes through a number of stages. After every stage, the packaging becomes more concrete and as the process enters the final stages, we customise the packaging to your exact specifications.
- Every packaging product starts with an idea, whether you have a concrete idea or simply want to have new packaging. We take these ideas and get to work.
- Based on the information you give us, we start with what we call the idea generator. Depending on the job at hand, we start either from scratch, from research provided to us with concept drawings or from your previous packaging.
- Looking closely at the market, we work out each idea together with you. Market trends, developments in the world of plastics, changing consumer behaviour, technological advances in thermoforming, absolutely everything is considered and analysed. These elements always form the basis and together with your specific requirements, we translate the idea to your packaging. Together we work on your packaging of the future.
- Based on the selected or supplied concept, we then develop a thermoformable packaging.
- We start off by providing a two-dimensional drawing for approval.
- If requested or needed for further clarification of the principle behind the product, we can provide a 3D drawing.
- After approval of the concept we start with the creation of a model. A mould of the model is made and the prototypes are produced. These models need to be approved before we can begin with the definite production mould. They provide an approximate picture of the final production line.
- After the model has been approved, the production mould is made.
- This aluminium mould consists of several components and is adapted to large industrial order volumes.
- The mould is installed and in no time your packaging is ready to leave the plant.